Events This Week
Monday. September 23:
– Triangle Folk Jam at Billsborough Live Music Hall, 8 pm.
Tuesday, September 24:
– Kids Make a Pizza Day at Radius Pizza, 3-5 pm.
– Antonia’s Restaurant has live music every Tuesday with Bob Brower, Mike Curren, and Joe Francis, 7-9 pm.
– Up Cane Creek at The Depot, 7:30-9:30 pm.
– Open Mic Night at Billsborough Live Music Hall, 8 pm.
Wednesday, September 25:
– Blues Open Jam at Billsborough Live Music Hall, 8 pm.
– Pub Quiz at Mystery Brewing Company, 8-9 pm.
– Open Mic at The Depot, 8-10:30 pm.
– Hot Tin Roof has karaoke, 8pm-12am.
Thursday, September 26:
– Brewer Office Hours at Mystery Brewing Company, 5-7 pm.
– Weaver Street Market will host an end of season jam, 6-8 pm.
– Live Music by Tim Wells with Chris Mankoff at Radius Pizza, 7 pm.
– Austin Miller at The Depot, 7-8 pm; Trivia Night, 8-10:30pm
– The Coal Men with Regan Boggs at Billsborough Live Music Hall, 8 pm.
Last Friday, September 27:
– Hillsborough Arts Council is hosting the Last Fridays Art Walk, 6-9pm; and for the Last Fridays Free Concert Series Cyril Lance will perform on the lawn of the historic Courthouse, 6:30-9:30 pm.
Additional Events on Last Friday:
– The Alliance for Historic Hillsborough will offer a free walking tour of the historic district, 4:30-5:15 pm (suggested donation $5).
– Weaver Street Market’s weekly wine tasting, 5-7 pm; live music by New Town Drunks, 6-8pm.
– Hillsborough Presbyterian Church will have free ice cream and live music by Dr. Drill and the Bits, 6:30-8:30 pm.
– Brewery Tour at Mystery Brewing Company, 6:30 pm.
– Saint Matthew’s Episcopal Church is hosting a reading by author Allan Gurganus, 7pm.
– The Wilhelm Brothers at The Depot, 8:30-10:45 pm.
– Tea Cup Gin with Mick MickXer at Billsborough Live Music Hall, 8 pm ($20).
Saturday, September 28:
– The Historic Speedway Group is hosting the 7th Annual Celebration of the Automobile Racers Reunion and Car Show, 7 am – 4 pm.
– The Downtown Merchants and Yep Roc Records are hosting the 2nd Annual Fresh Roots Festival, 10 am – 4 pm.
– Events at Eno River Farmers Market: Market Social Hour, 8-9 am; Children’s Activities with Megan Rowell, 9 am – 12 pm; Kids at the Market Cooking Club, 10-11 am.
– Live music at Billsborough Live Music Hall: Yep Roc Showcase, 6 pm; along with Sayer Mc Shane, 9pm.
– Westoberfest on Nash Street: live music at The Depot: Music Maker’s Big Ron Hunter, 6:30-8:15 pm; Viva La Muerte, 8-10:30 pm. Live music at Mystery Brewing Company: Revolutionary Sweethearts, 7 pm; Jack the Radio, 9 pm.
That time is here again! The 4th Annual Hillsborough Jazz Festival is this Saturday, September 21. This year, the festival will honor the continuing legacy of world-renowned singer, songwriter, and civil rights activist Nina Simone. The music will begin at 12 pm with the extraordinary sounds of saxophonist/singer Serena Wiley at Historic Moorefields estate, an idyllic homestead on 84 acres, just a few miles from historic downtown Hillsborough, North Carolina.
Register at the front desk for your chance to win 2 VIP tickets to the festival. Package includes VIP parking a visit to the hospitality tent. PHE is a proud sponsor of the Hillsborough Jazz Festival!
For information about the Hillsborough Jazz Festival visit the Hillsborough Arts Council’s website.